This document is meant to help you understand what data we collect, why we collect it, and what we do with it. When you share information with us, we believe that by using it we can make our services even better for you. For example, we can use it to help us identify the most relevant of our services that you may require, both now and in the future, or to help us develop new services for the future that we believe would be useful to you. As you use our services, we want it to be clear to you how we're using information and the ways in which we look to protect your privacy.
As part of our VenuTrak service, we manage data on behalf of our business clients to help them maintain records of staff, customers and visitors to support the NHS Test and Trace service.
By submitting your name and contact information on our VenuTrak service and by doing subsequent scans of Scan+Click QR codes at our client's venues you agree that they may have shared access to your data for the purpose of passing it to the NHS Test and Trace service if requested. As a result, you agree that NHS Test and Trace may contact you if necesssary. Your information is held securely on our UK servers and each of our clients only have access to visitor details relating to their own venues.
To make subsequent visits easier, we will automatically re-log your visitor details when you scan a Scan+Click QR code at our client venues. Your personal visitor details are deleted after 21 days and your personal contact information is deleted 21 days after you last scan any Scan+Click QR code. You will need to enter your information again if you haven't scanned a Scan+Click QR code for over 21 days. Using a private browser session or disabling cookies on your device may result in you needing to re-enter your information on each visit.
Scan & Click is committed to protecting the privacy of all its app and website users and business clients. Scan & Click acts in two capacities, as 1) a business to business company and 2) a business to consumer/user company...
Scan & Click provides services and products to other businesses. However we accept that from time to time an individual person may wish to visit our website or use our services. We hope it will be understood by such persons that the services we offer are primarily for businesses and as such we would look to communicate with them in a business capacity. But in all cases we will attempt to be fair in how we hold, manage and process personal data, whether it is for an individual in their own capacity or as a sole-trader, or a person who is visiting or using our service on behalf of a business.
Use of our apps, websites as well as the services and products provided through our sites indicates your consent to the collection and use of information as described in this policy as well as your consent for us to communicate with you as described in this policy. Any changes to the policy will be posted on our website.
What information is collected and how is it used?
We ask you to supply certain information when you enquire with us as a sales-lead about our services or sign up with us as a client. This information may include your name, the name of your business, your postal address, email address, landline telephone and mobile numbers, website address and how you heard of us. We may also make notes in our CRM (customer relationship management system) about your requirements and service needs. This information will be used in the management of our own business and to enable us to contact you about the service you have enquired about, requested or signed up for, and to contact you about similar services that we believe may interest you now or in the future. We may also combine details of more than one sales-lead or client together when performing analysis to identify trends and common requirements so that we can continually improve our services and future offerings.
You can find further details below about the methods by which we may contact you and how you can change these contact methods or opt-out from future contact altogether. In addition, when you use our website we store your IP address and may use this information to administer our website and help to diagnose any network or server problems. We may also use it as part of our security if we believe we have identified a credible threat to our systems or our business, or an act of fraud, money laundering or other illegal behaviour or acts that are against current regulations and laws.
Sub-Processors and Divulging your data to other parties
Scan & Click will not, without your consent, divulge, sell, lease, rent or provide in any other way personal information about you to a third party, except in the following circumstances...
1. If required to do so by law or by any organisation with appropriate authority including but not limited to any formally recognised regulatory body who wish to investigate an alleged breaking or possible breaking of any relevant regulations, codes of practice, legislation, applicable laws or other rules and regulations as laid down from time to time by the police or other regulatory authorities.
2. If you have signed up for optional services which require us to pass your personal information to another company. From time to time Scan & Click may offer additional services to our clients or sales-leads that we believe to be relevant or similar to those that you currently use or have enquired about. In some cases these services may require us to pass personal data held by us to a third party. Any such service will be optional and the opt-in process will clearly show that personal data will be shared with another company. Before passing your personal data and other information to a third party we will seek your approval.
3. To any financial institution or other payment processing organisation with whom we work for the purpose of processing payments and direct debits from you, verifying credit status and/or validating financial transactions. In the case of a business we would only seek to do these things from the business entity that we are contracting to, rather than you personally. Note that Scan & Click does not gather or hold any credit or debit card information or any bank account details for our clients; this is all managed by the organisation that we currently work with for these purposes, including Revolut Bank and Stripe.
4. We may disclose data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
5. We may share data with service companies, agents or contractors working for Scan & Click and on our behalf. Such service companies may need access to or be able to view personal data in order to provide those functions and in such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and will only be given access to data that is strictly required for them to carry out their tasks.
6. We may share data with affiliate partners. This will be limited to the data of clients who signup having followed an affiliate link or used an affiliate coupon code and will only be shared with the specific affiliate partner that referred the client. The affiliate partner, who agrees to these terms, agrees to be bound by all data protection and related regulations and will only use the data internally for assisting in the management of Scan & Click service or other services that the affiliate partner offers via their own business.
Policy on data carried by us as a Platform Provider
Clients contract with Scan & Click to provide services. These services may require us to process additional data on their behalf...
1. We provide a web-based platform and mobile apps to help you manage your services and data. Scan & Click respects the privacy of this data and it is only available to you via your account. You may view logs of this information from within the dashboard found at the Scan & Click website. As part of the service we offer, we keep a log of such data for upto 12 months. We then delete this data
2. Scan & Click does not act as a Data Controller in relation to the Services we offer. We are a Data Processor that is contracted by you the client to act purely as a platform provider, allowing you to carry out services for yourselves through our platform
5. Scan & Click may offer a consultancy service. In such a case we may give advice about how services may aid your business and the optimum ways to use such services, but we always do so with the strict proviso that the advice does not constitute legal advice and that you are free to seek alternative advice and any actions you take in relation to advice we have given are based on your own final decisions
Our Servers and location of your data
All your information is stored on and our services run on secure servers in the EU, or is held on servers managed by sub-processors that fully comply with GDPR requirements. Our services, client dashboards and API's all use relevant up to date secure tehnology throughout which is constantly reviewed and maintained.
Advertising and links to other websites
Right to view, change or delete your data
You have the right to view, change and delete the information that we store about you. If you wish to do so then please email us at the address shown on our website.
Communication and Marketing Policy
As mentioned above, Scan & Click is a B2B (business to business) company, primarily providing services and products to other businesses. Whilst we accept that from time to time an individual person may wish to visit our website or use our services, we hope it will be understood by such persons that the services we offer are primarily for businesses. As such we would look to communicate in a business capacity with clients or those who have shown an interest.
There are 2 primary reasons that we may communicate with you...
1. We would like from time to time to contact people and businesses with a view to using our current or future business-related services or products and to do so by phone, email, SMS text message, Twitter or Linkedin messaging. We would only do this with those who have become our clients, those who have shown an interest in our business, services or products, or with those who have communicated or connected with one of our Directors, staff, contractors or agents via a conference, exhibition, networking, phone, email, sms, or a recognised social media platform such as Linkedin or Twitter. We would like to communicate with such people if we feel we have a relevant service that may be of interest to you or your business, either now or in the future. We would like to also do this in future if we have a new service or product that is similar to one you currently use, have enquired about or used with us in the past. When we first communicate with you we will attempt to find out from you if you wish to receive future communications from us.
2. If you or your business are signed up and contracted to use our services or products then we would like the ability to email, sms or call you with mandatory service communications that are designed to update you about the status of the services or products or that services will soon expire or have expired. These communications are designed to inform you about the service you or your business have contracted for. We hope that you will agree to accept such communications to allow us to run your services or products smoothly. However please contact us if you have any concerns about the communications we have with you.
We fully recognise that you have the right to not receive communications or to stop receiving further communications at any time from us and so you may email us at the address shown on our website to request that we no longer contact you. You can also reply to any email that we send you or click the relevant 'unsubscribe' link or similar options that will be presented in marketing and newsletter emails.
To clarify, please contact us if you have any requests or queries regarding our communications and marketing. We will be happy to remove your account and data (or sales-lead data if you have not yet signed up to be a client) or modify the settings we hold so that we may only contact you by sms, email and/or phone call. You have the right to request we use any, all or none of these communication methods.
You may contact Scan & Click at any time to discuss our services and privacy, cookie and marketing & communications policies by emailing us at the email address shown on the Scan & Click website.